- Video: Climate Strike March and Rally
An energetic highlight video of an energetic march and rally!
- Video: The Gandhi-King Global Initiative
- Trump’s Economy & Global Climate Strike
- Video: Hiroshima Day 2019: Nuclear Hot Spots
Is the world headed toward a dangerous new nuclear arms race? All indicators point to yes. A wide-ranging discussion with two very knowledgeable activists.
- Video: When Mueller Testifies to Congress
What to expect. What not to expect. What comes next. A conversation with DAVID SLOSS, John A. and Elizabeth H. Sutro Professor of Law, Santa Clara University School of Law.
- Video: Understanding the Medicare for All Debate
It's the issue at the top of nearly everyone's priority list. What is "Medicare for All" really about?
- Video: Paul George - The Exit Interview
For this Special Edition of Other Voices TV, PPJC director Paul George, who will be retiring after 30 years, talked about his tenure at PPJC, his other activist experiences, and his thoughts about grassroots activism past, present, and future.
- Video: The Real Venezuela Agenda
You’ve seen the saber-rattling headlines. But when it comes to US meddling in Latin America, headlines not only fail to tell the story, they obscure the truth. For this special edition of Other Voices TV Forum, we take a hard look behind those headlines.
- Video: Forging a Progressive Alliance
A lively conversation examining the history of the Richmond Progressive Alliance, a grassroots organization that became a political powerhouse, and the newly-forming California Progressive Alliance, which hopes to replicate RPA's success on a statewide level.
- Video: Can the Blue Wave Deliver a Green New Deal?
It’s an ambitious plan and an inspiring one, even as questions abound: What exactly would this Green New Deal look like?
- Video: After the Mid-Terms - Charting a Progressive Agenda
We rounded up some of the local area's leading activists to help us chart a progressive course forward in the wake of the mid-term elections. A very lively discussion, indeed.
- Video: The Iran Agenda Today with Foreign Correspondent Reese Erlich
Foreign correspondent Reese Erlich explores the turbulent recent history between the US and Iran and reveals how it has led to a misguided showdown over nuclear technology.
- Video: Courting Disaster: The Supreme Court Goes Back to Work
With a new Supreme Court session beginning soon, we take a fresh look at the central role the Supreme Court has taken in the country's political -- and policy -- processes. It's not a pretty picture. And then there's that Brett Kavanaugh thing.
- Video: Syria & Iran Update with Foreign Correspondent Reese Erlich
Journalist and book author Reese Erlich returns to Other Voices TV with an up to date analysis of the volatile Middle East.
- Video: Welcome to the Revolution: Youth Leaders of March for Our Lives
Youth-led movements have played essential roles in grassroots activist organizing throughout U.S. history. We talked with three high school organizers of the hugely successful March for Our Lives rally in Redwood City.
- Video: Scott Pruitt's War on the EPA
This month’s Other Voices forum takes a deep dive into Scott Pruitt’s damaging assault on environmental regulations, what activists and states are doing to stop or limit that damage, and what it will take in the future to reverse the destructive actions.
- Video: Bonkers! Trump's New Nuke Policy
International disarmament activist Jackie Cabasso analyzes the newly released Nuclear Posture Review, the country's official policy outlining when, where and how the U.S. might use its nuclear arsenal. And it's bonkers!
- Video: Unrest in Iran and Washington
A lively discussion of Iran-related issues with an Iranian pro-democracy activist.
- Video: Trump's Jerusalem Gambit
One of the country's leading authorities on the Israel - Palestine conflict examines Trump's December announcement on the status of Jerusalem, an announcement that stunned the diplomatic world.
- Video: Universal Basic Income: Simple Idea, Radical Impact.
Universal basic income is a simple idea that could have a radical impact on our society: give people enough money to meet their basic needs, providing everyone in the country with an income floor.
- Video: Standing with Whistleblowers: From Chelsea Manning to Reality Winner
The folks who stood with Chelsea Manning now stand with another whistleblower, Reality Winner, as she faces overzealous prosecution by Trump’s Department of Justice.
- Video: The Department of INjustice
The White House may not be accomplishing much, but Attorney General Jeff Sessions is busy overturning years of progress. A lively, wide-ranging conversation.
- Video: Fire & Fury: Trump and North Korea
A conversation with JON RAINWATER, Exec. Dir. of Peace Action, the nation’s largest grassroots peace network, on a topic of true urgency.
- Video: Middle East Update with Journalist Reese Erlich
Is some kind of confrontation with Iran -- on totally fabricated issues -- on the horizon? Veteran journalist Reese Erlich breaks down what's happening in Washington, Tehran and beyond.
- Video: Resistance California Style
California Leads the Way with Progressive, Trump-Resisting Legislation: Single Payer Healthcare, No Deportation Help, Reining in Surveillance
- Video: War on the Poor (And just about everyone else)
Former Labor Secretary Robert Reich described the Trump budget proposal as being "cruel and deviant". Political economist Jack Rasmus explains why.
- Video: Amy Goodman, Democracy Now!
Amy Goodman, host of 'Democracy Now!', spoke in Palo Alto, CA on May 15, 2017 at an event produced by Peninsula Peace and Justice Center
- Video: Resistance & Revolution - A Community Conversation
A lively community discussion about getting from resistance to revolution. How exactly does one promote a progressive agenda in the age of Trump?
- Video: Deportation & Resistance
If the deportation mechanism can be resisted and stopped in California — the state with the largest immigrant population — perhaps the entire machine can be dragged down nationally.
- Video: Target Iran
On this month’s Other Voices TV, we take a deep dive into both the U.S. threats toward Iran and the internal political dynamics in Iran.
- Video: Defund Dakota Access Pipeline!
"The hell with 'America First"! Let's put earth first!" - Paul George, Director of PPJC
- Video: Trump and the Bomb
It is critically important for people to understand existing nuclear weapons policies and their central role in US “national security” planning that Trump and company are inheriting.
- Videos: Unity Rally Against Hate, Racism and Misogyny
Video highlights from the Unity Rally Against Hate, Racism and Misogyny, on the eve of the Electoral College vote.
- Video: One Year After Paris Climate Agreement: Now What?
On the anniversary of the historic Paris Cliamte Agreement, two leading climate scientists discuss the next steps in combating climate change.
- Video: Military Dominance and Popular Resistance
For seventy years, the people of Okinawa have been engaged in non-violent resistance to the presence of 32 U.S. military bases on their tiny island.
- Video - Your Vote: Hacked, Suppressed, Gerrymanded
At election time, we're told that every vote counts. But is every vote counted? When computers count our ballots, that is by no means a certainty.
- Video: Seventeen Ballot Propositions?!?
Our latest "Other Voices" video. We unravel (at least some of) this year's ballot measures.
- (Video) Surveillance is a Local Issue
The NSA isn't the only agency spying on you. Local police departments have deployed some pretty shocking technologies. We discuss a plan to rein them in.
- Video: Challenging Corporate Nationhood
Multinational corporations have quietly constructed an international legal system in which they are literally as powerful as sovereign nations. This is how some groups are fighting back.
- Red Wine & Politics: Short Videos
Uncork a bottle of political analysis and insight. Short videos that are long on ideas.
- (Video) U.S. & Iran: The Aftermath of the Nuclear Ageement
Journalist Reese Erlich was awarded a grant from the Pulitzer Center on Crisis Reporting for his Iran coverage. He knows what he's talking about.
- (Video) Workers, Thieves & Arab Spring
Introducing a new program! "Short videos long on ideas" - This is part 1 of a 3-part interview with Prof. Joel Beinin.
- (Video) Boycott, Divestment, Sanctions ... and the Backlash
The Montgomery bus boycott energized the civil rights movement. The international boycott of South Africa helped bring an end to apartheid. Can a boycott of Israel bring an end to the occupation of Palestine?
- (Video) DEEPLY DIVIDED: The Political Earthquake of 2016
The 2016 Presidential election is turning out to be unlike any campaign in recent history and it may be having a transformational effect on American politics.
- (Video) F.B.I. vs Apple
The FBI's pursuit of stunning new surveillance powers could set dangerous new precedents that will reverberate globally. (Video 58 minutes)
- [Video] TPP: Trans-Pacific PLUTOCRACY
The Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) is the largest "trade" deal ever negotiated. When you look into the details, you see it's really a "Bill of Rights" for corporations.
- Video: Muslim Communities Confront Fear Mongering, Hate Speech, Suspicion
This month’s forum takes a look at the very real fears of the Muslim community, both locally and nationally. It also examines the FBI's massive program of intrusive information gathering in Muslim communities of the US.
- Video: Deciphering Syria - with Journalist Reese Erlich
A lively and insightful conversation with Reese Erlich, who tries to unravel the Gordian knot that is Syria.
- Video: Last Chance? The UN Global Conference on Climate Change
We were honored to be joined for this discussion by two leading authorities on climate change, expert scientists who have participated directly in critical international bodies involved in the global climate change debate.
- Video: The Affordable Housing Crisis
Thanks to our fine panelists, we all learned a lot. You will, too. This truly is a crisis that must be met with determined activism.
- (Video) TPP: Still Alive and Coming Soon
Twelve nations are still hard at work negotiating the final details of the Trans-Pacific Partnership. And they’re still behind closed doors.
- Video: Ending Extreme Inequality
The new Economic Bill of Rights has a coherent plan and proclaims that all Americans have the right to a job, a living wage, a decent home, adequate medical care, and a good education.
- Video: Whatever Happened to Nuclear Disarmament?
Marking the 70th anniversary of the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, Jackie Cabasso is an internationally recognized leader in the global nuclear disarmament movement.
- Video: Broken Justice with Judge LaDoris Cordell
In this month's edition of Other Voices, we examine our broken justice system. It is painfully clear that not everyone receives equal or even fair treatment from our police or court system.
- Video: U.S. Opens a Door to Cuba
Cuba solidarity activists discuss the recent diplomatic thaw between the US and Cuba -- the good and the bad. Video recorded 6/2/15.
- Video: Economic Prosperity ... For All?
In an area boasting one of highest levels of economic inequality in the country, is it possible to achieve a more equitable level of prosperity for everyone? Yes, if you plan for it.
- On Privacy: A Conversation With Robert Scheer (video)
“This is what journalism looks like, provided by one of the greatest reporters of our times.” (Robert McChesney) - A lively conversation about Scheer's new book.
- Video - Deeply Divided: Racial Politics and Social Movements in Post-War America
A fascinating examination of the politics of racial and social inequality in the United States.
- Video - Reese Erlich: 'Inside Syria'
Journalist Reese Erlich unravels the complex dynamics underlying the Syrian civil war and the new US intervention in that war.
- Video: Raise the Wage Mountain View!
We take a look at a grassroots effort in Mountain View to raise the local minimum wage. City Council will vote in October.
- Video: Derailed - Prop 49 and the Movement to Amend the Constitution
The California legislature was responding to requests from constituents to speak out against misguided Federal Supreme Court rulings like Citizens United.
- Video: Freedom Summer 50th Anniversary
June 1964. Over 1,000 volunteers head to Mississippi to register black voters. By August, 4 people were dead, 80 beaten, 1,000 arrested, 67 churches, homes and businesses burned or bombed. This is the story of that summer…
- Video - Gaza Crisis: Online Interview with Prof. Joel Beinin
A live, online interview with Joel Beinin, professor of Middle East History, Stanford University, who spoke with us from Tel Aviv.
- Video: Guns - If Congress Won't Act, The People Will
Sally Lieber talks about legislation that can be enacted at the local level that can reduce gun violence. 58 minutes
- Video: David Barsamian on "Capitalism and the Environment"
As global warming accelerates, carbon-fueled industrial capitalism's insatiable appetite for profits precludes it from doing so. Recorded in Palo Alto on 5/21/14.
- Video: Who Killed the Peace Talks?
An analysis of the failure of the most recent Israel-Palestine peace talks. A conversation with Joel Beinin, Professor of Middle East History, Stanford University
- Video: McCutcheon Decision Protest Rally
- Photo Gallery: McCutcheon Decision Rapid Response Protest
Photos from the McCutcheon Decision Rapid Response Protest, organized by PPJC and held at Palo Alto City Hall on April 2, 2014.
- Video: Build Democracy, End Corporate Rule
Suppose we could vote to end corporate influence in our elections. Imagine we could cast a ballot to rein in corporate power. Dreaming? Not quite.
- Video: TPP - Another Corporate Power Grab
Carleen Pickard, Executive Director of Global Exchange, and host Paul George, Director of Peninsula Peace and Justice Center, discuss the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP).
- Other Voices TV: Obama's NSA Speech - A Scorecard
Video - A close and critical look at Obama's January 2014 speech responding to the ever-growing NSA spying scandal.
- Video: Congress' Budget (Mis)Deal
Who ‘wins’ and who ‘loses’ in the just concluded 2013 Ryan-Murray Budget Compromise? Why does it represent more ‘austerity’? What’s the strategic significance of the deal?
- Video: Peace with Iran? It's complicated ...
An insightful look at the political climate that complicates the chances of a new relationship with Iran.
- Video: Robert Scheer, The National Surveillance State
Robert Scheer, "The National Surveillance State" - Presented by PPJC, November 8, 2013
- OTHER VOICES TV: Will Congress Finally Act on Immigration Reform?
VIDEO: Congress vows action on immigration reform, but there's a lot of space between "let's get it done" and what finally emerges from the halls of Congress.
- Video: Malalai Joya of Afghanistan
Malalai Joya, a renowned peace and human rights activist from Afghanistan, spoke in Palo Alto on October 18, at an event organized by PPJC.
- Other Voices TV: Good media, bad media.
Some journalists stand up to power. Others kneel. So what is "freedom of the press"? (58 minutes)
- Corporate Rights: A View from Congress - Rep. Anna Eshoo
Rep. Anna Eshoo reflects on how corporate power and money is so damaging to our democracy. (recorded on June 1, 2013 - 25 mins)
- Ted Nace: The Rise of Corporate Power
Ted Nace, author of "Gangs of America", relates the history of how corporations came to hold so much power in our politics and society. (Recorded June 1, 2013 - 20 mins)
- Peter Schurman: Corporations Are Not People
In just 12 minutes, Peter Schurman clearly explains why corporations should not enjoy the same inalienable rights as ordinary people. (Recorded June 1, 2013 - 12 mins)
- Other Voices TV: One Nation, Under Surveillance
This month's Other Voices forum digs deep into Snowden's revelations -- and the revelations of past whistleblowers -- and tries to answer the myriad questions about the data mining programs and what they mean for our civil liberties. (58 mins)
- Obama and the War on Terror
Did President Obama's much-discussed speech on national security really change anything? A talk by PPJC director Paul George. (50 mins)
- [Clip] An Israeli woman contends . . .
A clip from the Q&A portion of the 6/4/13 edition of Other Voices TV. An Israeli woman contends that, by her obversation, Israeli Palestinians are faring well in Israeli society. Prof. Beinin responds. (4 mins 13 secs)
- Other Voices TV: OCCUPATION. INTERVENTION. INSURRECTION. Middle East Update and Analysis
A fast-paced, wide-ranging discussion of the turmoil roiling the region with Prof. Joel Beinin of Stanford Unviversity. (58 mins)
- Are Corporations People? A Town Hall Meeting with Rep. Anna Eshoo
Citizens United . . . And Beyond. An info-packed town hall meeting exploring what it means when corporations enjoy inalienable rights as if they were people. (1 hr 18 mins)
- JOYSTICK WARFARE: On the Legality and Morality of Combat Drones
PPJC's Director, Paul George, takes a hard look at the US drone program. (56 mins)
- Street Theater! A Corporate Un-Birthday Party
The Supreme Court showers a lot of gifts on big corporations. (14 mins)
- Other Voices TV: Decoding the Korean Crisis
In this edition of Other Voices TV, we try to to provide context to the seemingly neverending series of crises on the Korean Peninsula, the context that our corporate media miss … or ignore. (58 mins)
- Other Voices TV - IRAN: Still in the Crosshairs
Who might pull the trigger? And when? A conversation with ALI FERDOWSI, Prof. of Political Science, Notre Dame de Namur University and Native of Iran. (58 mins)
- Other Voices TV - Women's History Month: The Struggle for Rights & Equality
Filmmaker Dorothy Fadiman and student activist Simone Hudson discuss the past, present and future of the continuing movement for justice for women. (58 mins)
- One Billion Rising – Break the Chain
Women take to the streets to dance a message: Break the chain! End violence against women. (3 mins)
- Other Voices TV: Deficit Reduction? or Stealing from the Poor to give to the Rich?
A conversation with political economist Jack Rasmus about the economy, Washington's budget battles, inequality and other fiscal disasters. (58 mins)
- Other Voices TV: Preventing Gun Violence
The horrifying school shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School shocked the conscience of the nation and has led to impassioned pleas to Washington to finally take action to rein in gun violence. Will those calls be heeded? (58 mins)