We cannot know at this point where in the process we’ll find ourselves when this forum takes place. But we do know that everyone can use as much expert analysis as possible. Continue reading
What to expect. What not to expect. What comes next. A conversation with DAVID SLOSS, John A. and Elizabeth H. Sutro Professor of Law, Santa Clara University School of Law. Continue reading
Donald Trump is the most impeachable president in American history.
(1) Trump and his henchmen have brazenly, openly, and defiantly refused to faithfully execute the laws of the land as required in Article 2, section 3 of the Constitution. By not enforcing the law, he has opened the floodgates for deadly emissions from various industries that are getting into the lungs of millions of Americans.
(2) He violates the constitution, federal statutes, and international treaties with his war crimes anywhere he wants to conduct them around the world. Bolton and Pompeo are prime examples of unindicted war criminals. These men violently threaten regimes, except those run by Trump’s favorite dictators, as if there are no laws whatsoever to restrain their dangerous missions.
(3) There are Trump’s campaign finance violations, his tax frauds, and his threats to use blanket pardons of Trump associates who are now convicted criminals.
(4) Another standard for impeachment is the widely quoted criterion by Alexander Hamilton – behavior that constitutes “abuse or violation of some public trust.” How about Trump’s over ten thousand recorded lies or misleading fabrications? How about his bigotry, misogyny and lying about his sexual misconducts and payoffs? How about Trump allowing the enrichment of his businesses by foreign governments spending lavishly at his hotels and other properties, in violation of our Constitution’s emoluments clause?
(5) The Congress was handed a mass of evidence by the Mueller Report and Congressional hearings are likely to find this evidence will provide a solid basis for impeachment.
It’s a national disgrace that Trump sleeps in the White House instead of a federal prison cell. If you want people to believe that the misdeeds enumerated in the Mueller report are serious, you have to act like it. Continue reading
This is exactly what the rule of law does not look like. Continue reading
There are plenty of people who simply should not be president of a nuclear hyperpower, and Trump is one of them. Continue reading
If Trump fired Comey to impede the Russia investigation, he possibly engaged in obstruction of justice. That is a crime. That is a case for impeachment. Continue reading
Trump plans to oversee the last great campaign of corporate pillaging of America. Continue reading